Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pirate poems





the sailors pipe

exotic aether

fumes of ports

lit

by the northern star



drunken sailor

his pirate parties

off the hook



red light on the ship

the sailor remembers her

under Chinese lanterns



the sailors eyes

star dipper in the depths

drunken mermaid



sailors shift

cyan poem dripping

from Aladdin's lamp

into the hull

of shipwrecks



the sailors parrot

port to port

mouth to beak

mimics

words of the world



pirates communion

fallen stars

swarming

in the goblet

of the full moon



the sailors eyes

emblazoned constellations

navigating

across sea born

synapses



the sailors eyes

wet star

dipper in the depths

night cap

drunken mermaid



the blind pirate

suspended in time

inside the eye of the storm



the one eyed pirate

winks

at the falling star



mermaid tattoo

dancing on the sailors arm

he waves goodbye


© Costis Demos

5 comments:

  1. "suspended in time
    inside the eye of the storm"

    I sometimes feel as if I am, lost like a pirate on the ether of sea foam. (Hugs)Indigo

    Am I the only one who sees you published this in Wingdings? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me use my translator!! Too wild ;)
    I love your writing, in any language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies for the second comment but I forgot to say how happy I am that you started this page. I love so much of your work that oftentimes if I dont favorite a piece, I lose track of it. Now I can always find my way back here x

    ReplyDelete
  4. pirates communion
    fallen stars
    swarming
    in the goblet
    of the full moon


    Truly beautiful imagery.

    ReplyDelete